Get your decorating game on with Marsala
Reigning supreme as the color of the year, Marsala is the hue you want in your home. Whether you’re simply looking to update to your apartment, have recently moved, or you want to stay on trend, Marsala is the color you need to bring into your apartment, ASAP! Here are a few suggestions on how you can accomplish that.
- If you’re only looking to add a fresh touch to your rental, start off with a vase or two and some throw pillows. These aren’t really big ticket items and are easy to switch out of you decide this bold color isn’t for you
- If you’re looking for a bigger impact, or end up falling in love with the rich warmth of Marsala (how could you not?) add several small items, such as bookends, wall decorations, maybe even a throw rug. Instead of multiple small items, you can also opt for a statement splash of Marsala by adding a couch, window treatments, large rug or table sporting the warm, earthy tone.
- If you like the color, but you’ve recently redecorated and like you current color palette, buy Marsala kitchenware. The warm tones of Marsala work incredibly well with home cooked meals and salads. Mix and match your Marsala bowls and plates with bamboo placemats and wooden serving utensils to complete the hearty home feel.
- For a bold statement paint an accent wall in Marsala. If you’re feeling particularly bold, all four walls of a room in Marsala. Just make sure your landlord signs off on the update or you might just loose that precious deposit.
- Whether you opt for a few discreet touches of the rich tone or go for a full dramatic look, take note of how different colors compliment Marsala. Neutrals and soft pastels make Marsala pop, while greens, gold and amber bring out earthy tones. Blue tones, especially vibrant and dark tones create a striking, dramatic color play for those who are not afraid of bold décor.
- If you’re planning on updating your home with more than just a few pillows, remember to add all new purchases to your renters insurance, especially big-ticket items. We all know that a full dinner set can cost a pretty penny. If you’re planning on giving your apartment a make-over with the help of your friends, make sure your renters insurance is up to date and in order. Renters insurance such as Resident Shield offers you coverage in case of accidental injury of guests while at your home, including slip and fall injuries.